Xfinity: Behind The Mask
In 2017, in celebration of Black History Month, Comcast launched a short film directed by Andre Wilkins that puts a spotlight on some of the talented contributors behind America’s favorite superhero stories, shows and movies. “Groundbreakers: Heroes Behind The Mask” is a 12-minute short film that includes interviews with:
- Phillip Boutte, Jr., costume illustrator for films: Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther”, Disney’s “A Wrinkle in Time,” and Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Justice League”
- Cheo Hodari Coker, showrunner of the popular series “Marvel’s Luke Cage” on Netflix
- Dr. Sheena Howard, award-winning author of “Black Comics: Politics of Race and Representation”
- Alitha E. Martinez, comic book illustrator best known for her work drawing Marvel’s “Iron Man” and contributed drawings to comic book series, ‘World of Wakanda’
- Reginald Hudlin, film writer, director and producer with credits including “Marshall” and the graphic novel “Black Panther: The Complete Collection”
- Floyd Norman, Disney’s first African American animator with credits including “Mulan” and “The Jungle Book”; subject of the documentary ‘An Animated Life’
- Phil LaMarr, voice over artist for several characters in the DC Comics Animated Universe and Star Wars: Rebels
- Ciara Renee, actress – currently starring as ‘Hawkgirl’ on the CW’s “Legends of Tomorrow”
Unfortunately, the short film is no longer available for streaming online or viewing within the Xfinity on Demand.
Comments are closed.